Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bought Toy Story

As I mentioned earlier, I've been wanting to get Toy Story for a long time. Well, I went to Sam's and saw it there, and on a whim I bought it. It includes a coupon for Toy Story 2 when it comes out in December, so buying it first may have saved me a little money. Unfortunately, since I already bought The Incredibles, the coupon for that doesn't do me any good.

Both the movie and the extras are nicely done. John Lasseter claims in an intro piece that they used "more bits" on this version. I had forgotten that the movie was only 80 minutes long, so I guess there was plenty of room on the DVD. The sound is supposedly improved, and sounds fine on my 2.0 system (i.e. just plain stereo). There are also interesting interviews about the movie with a number of people, and some making-of videos.

I'm sure you can find better reviews than I could do elsewhere, so I won't go on about the content, other than to say this is one of my favorite movies. I think I may like The Incredibles more, and Toy Story 2 certainly has a more complex plot, but Toy Story creates the great characters that return in the sequel. I will get Toy Story 2 as soon as its reissued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home